We are currently accepting workshop proposals for ATS® Reunion until March 1, 2017.
If you would like to present a workshop at ATS® Reunion, please submit the following to Terri at email@example.com:
- a one paragraph workshop summary
- any supporting information that might be relevant (e.g, video of you performing your special prop that you will be teaching)
- a one paragraph bio
- target audience (beginning, intermediate, or advanced dancers)
- appropriate track: Classic/Modern, Props, Movement Dialect, or Business/Lecture
We will only review a maximum of TWO proposals from each prospective instructor.
Invited instructors are already teaching on the following topics:
Combos, Duets, Transitions, Musicality, Cueing, Shimmies, Upper body focused movements, Floor work, Creating a Set, Phrasing, Spins, Chorus
You may still propose workshops with similar topics as the invited instructors are teaching, but we try to avoid duplication in the overall program.
Proposals will be reviewed by a team including:
- Diana Saylor (Elm City Shimmy, USA)
- Gudrun Herald (ATS® Sisters Collective, Germany)
- Kelley Beeston (Kalash Tribal, UK)
- Lenay Dunn (Kamalah Tribal, USA)
- Nancy Young (Torso Dance Collective, USA)
- Deenya Alliste (Cold Smoke Tribal, USA)
- and Terri Allred (Third Eye Tribal, USA)
Review team members were selected because of their demonstrated leadership and integrity in our community.
Proposals will be reviewed using a weighted rubric (created by Lenay Dunn) that measures the following elements of each workshop proposal:
- Fit with ATS® Reunion – How well does this workshop fit with the overall curriculum? Does it duplicate anything that an invited instructor is offering? This category was worth 40 points.
- Workshop Merit – How well does the description explain what the instructor proposes to do? Is it a reasonable amount of material for the time allotted? Will it appeal to workshop participants? This category was worth 30 points.
- Instructor Quality – Is this instructor qualified to teach at ATS® Reunion? Is this instructor the best person to teach this workshop? This category was worth 20 points.
- Instructor Commitment to ATS® Homecoming/Reunion – Has this instructor attended Homecoming in the past? This category was worth 10 points.